Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book a room?
The easiest way to book a room is on our website. Choose a room and pick a time and date! You can also give us a call at (709) 221 EPIC. If we’ve got a slot open, we’ll get you in!
What are you doing to address the ongoing Covid-19 Situation?
A full list of our Covid-19 Policies can be found here.
When should I arrive?
We recommend you arrive at Escape Quest at least and no more than fifteen minutes ahead of your booking. Our games begin at the scheduled time, and if you’re late, you might end up with less time to play.
Am I locked in?
No. The door you enter to begin the game is always unlocked. Quest Guides will come in through this door to offer hints, and players can exit through this door to use the washroom.
How much does a game cost?
Games are $26 per person plus tax.
Do you sell Gift Cards?
Yes, we do! They Are available for purchase in-store during operating hours. Gift cards can only be used for escape room admission and are not valid for our retail product.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel within 8 hours (via email, phone, message, FB message) of your booking the cancellation fee will be $29.90 and under 4 hours the fee will be $59.80. Should your group size be less than you paid for simply let us know and we will refund the the difference when you arrive or when you inform us of the change.
I heard about a birthday discount?
That’s right! Once per year, the birthday player can play for free! Just play a room with 3 or more people within 3 days of your Birthday and present your government issued ID! Oh, and Happy Birthday! *cannot be combined with any other offers* *minimum 3 person booking*
How many can play?
Our rooms generally have a recommended limit of 6 people, but we can extend that amount to 8 MAX.
How do I pay?
We primarily accept online payments and we request that customers pay with tap debit or credit if online is not an option.
Can I book a game with my friends and/or family?
Certainly! It’s probably easiest for one person to make the booking online! Just choose how many people will be participating.
Can you accommodate large groups and corporate events?
We can! Please email your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Will there be other people in the room with us?
Nope! All bookings are private!
What is Escape Quest?
Escape Quest is a live action, interactive gaming adventure located in downtown St. John’s! Work with a group of 2-6 players to tackle obstacles, find clues, and escape before time runs out. Each of our five rooms immerses you in a colourful, detailed story full of twists, turns, and excitement!
Is there an age limit?
Yes and no. Our games are designed to be challenging, so children under the age of ten may have trouble with some of our obstacles and clues. That said, we have had younger kids try our games and have a blast with their friends and family. Children twelve and younger must have a paying adult player accompany them.
How long is each game?
You’ve got 60 minutes once you enter the room.
What if I cannot solve something?
You can ask for hints at any time by pushing the Hint button in your room. A Quest Guide will come in and point you in the right direction.
Can I bring my mobile phone in?
Yes you can. We ask our guests not to take photos or videos while in the room.
What are some tips for the rooms?
- Arrive at least and no more than fifteen minutes early. This gives you time to get checked in, and listen to the Quest Guide outline some important info.
- Allow for a few minutes after your game to take pictures, return any room items you might still have in your pockets, and gather your stuff.
- Bring a set of indoor footwear with you in case of rain or snow. Outdoor footwear is not permitted in our rooms.
- Cameras, and writing utensils are not permitted in our rooms. Please store these items in the provided locker.
- Pay attention to any Escape Quest signage in the room.
- No Spoilers! Keep the secrets of our rooms to yourselves so everyone can enjoy the surprises. That means no photos or videos inside the rooms.
- We do not recommend children under eight years of age playing our games. Children twelve and under require adult accompaniment.